I have a VB6 app that was created to use Crystal Reports 10 and I have updated it to use Crystal Reports 11.5 SP4. The app launches my Crystal Report correctly on an XP box, however, I get an error 18456 when I try to launch the report in Vista. (see attached report for error, it is very simple, no other error codes, just 18456).
The machine is a laptop that was once XP then upgraded to Vista. The hard drive was not formatted at the time of upgrade.
I have SQL Server 2000 loaded on the Vista box.
I have created an MSI from the newest Crystal Reports XI Merge Modules (crxir2sp3_rdc_merge_modul
es.zip) and ran the MSI on the Vista machine without a problem.
I have turned off the Windows firewall in an attempt to see if that was the problem, I have turned it back on and in the Exceptions I have added SQL Service Manager, Server Network Utility and my VB6 app.
I started with a simple report which has no parameters and no restrictions, it just pulls data from one table.
I am using Crystal Reports XI Developer Edition.
My VB6 works fine and I can open it and see data.
I can use SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager to view the data in the database.
My laptop is the server and the workstation.
In case this matters: I did have an "incompatible" warning when I attempted to re-install SQL Server 2000, which I assumed was because SQL Server 2000 came about before Vista. I just continued the installation and it seemed to be fine.
My question is, "What are some common SQL related settings (or files) on the Vista box that I could be missing or have set incorrectly that I might be able to manipulate to make my Crystal Reports launch from my VB6 app.