Solved

SpreadSheet Calculations Help..  .08528% per day compounded. and taking 20% out each day..

Posted on 2008-06-19
14
304 Views
Last Modified: 2011-10-19
SpreadSheet Calculations Help..

I with the help of you got my spreadsheet working that is compounding ,05828%/day   but now I would like to add more columns that would calculate the daily amounts after  20% of each day was taken out leaving the 80% of what was there to be compounded daily.

The figures will be changed quite a bit I am sure but I need help adding to the existing spreadsheet.

Thank you,
0
Comment
Question by:4ubest
  • 7
  • 5
  • 2
14 Comments
 
LVL 92

Expert Comment

by:Patrick Matthews
ID: 21823842
Hello 4ubest,

Please post a link to the previous question you allde to, and please give us an example of what you mean
with the "take out 20% each day".

Regards,

Patrick
0
 

Author Comment

by:4ubest
ID: 21823996
Patrick

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Storage/Misc/Q_23499467.html


now here is the story,... this is an "investment" that pays out on the initial investment .08528%/day and you will compound it daily.  I figured it for 3700 days,

NOW  I want to figure out what the daily amounts would be if I was to cash out 20% per day and keep the  remaining 80%  compounding.

Here is a picture of what I have for first 15 days with  $10K  invested and that is compounding 100% each day.. I want to have other columns showing what would happen if I compounded 80% each day.

http://screencast.com/t/sLTgDUHFHyO

0
 
LVL 92

Expert Comment

by:Patrick Matthews
ID: 21826158
If I get your meaning, you want to see the end balance if you allow x% of the interest to stay in the
account and accumulate, and take out (1-x)% each day to buy hats or something.  This formula
does it:

=BeginBalance*(1+RatePerDay*PercLeftInAcct)^NumberOfDays
0
 

Author Comment

by:4ubest
ID: 21827527
I do not know about that but I want to see the effect and result each day for the 3700 days of compounding 80% of the normal number.

Again I want to see each day the #,,

0
 
LVL 9

Expert Comment

by:felixdsouza
ID: 21829439
Is this what you were looking for ?
Sample.xls
0
 

Author Comment

by:4ubest
ID: 21829557
Hi Felix,,

 No it is not. as the numbers should get larger every day as the daily compounding takes place.

I am looking for the pure daily compounding of  X dollars at  a rate of  .8528%   and then   if  80% of the daily interest is  compounded as opposed to 100% ,  what would be the numbers each day and I am going 3700 days.


similar to what I have here but I do not know if I have it correct:

http://screencast.com/t/om1E24mHQQF


0
 
LVL 9

Expert Comment

by:felixdsouza
ID: 21829576
Hi,  You've got me confused.  Could you upload that XLS file ?
0
Ransomware-A Revenue Bonanza for Service Providers

Ransomware – malware that gets on your customers’ computers, encrypts their data, and extorts a hefty ransom for the decryption keys – is a surging new threat.  The purpose of this eBook is to educate the reader about ransomware attacks.

 

Author Comment

by:4ubest
ID: 21829613
This is the spreadsheet I have so far but I do not know if it is correct..   Again  I want to see the results of compounding at   .8528% daily for 3700 days and the corresponding daily interest earned    AND

then    instead of daily compounding 100% of the interest earned  to compound 80% of it and I want to see values for the daily interest earned AND the daily totals...

Ideally I really want to modify it so I can take more out each time than 20 %  but I am starting there.
asd10yrsMod.xls
0
 
LVL 9

Expert Comment

by:felixdsouza
ID: 21829653
As per my understanding this is probably what you are looking for.  If not, let me know what is wrong with it.  I have only put in 10 days worth of lines to reduce file size
Sample.xls
0
 
LVL 9

Expert Comment

by:felixdsouza
ID: 21829724
I forgot to mention that changing the value 20% in cell H1 will result in different scenarios like you require - eg. change it to 25% and cell I1 will change to 75% and the calculations will happen accordingly.
0
 

Author Comment

by:4ubest
ID: 21830040
That looks good..  How do I expand it myself to 3700 days ?
0
 
LVL 9

Accepted Solution

by:
felixdsouza earned 500 total points
ID: 21830130
just copy the last line down till line number 3701 and update the Day No column.  However I have done it for you... here is your file.

btw... i'm off for the day... will respond to any further messages (if any) tomorrow.  Hope this works for you.
Sample.xls
0
 

Author Comment

by:4ubest
ID: 21830215
Thank you that is great   ..
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:4ubest
ID: 31468865
Thank you for your help.. I wish I understood these things as they sure save a lot of paper and ink.  
0

Featured Post

Is Your Active Directory as Secure as You Think?

More than 75% of all records are compromised because of the loss or theft of a privileged credential. Experts have been exploring Active Directory infrastructure to identify key threats and establish best practices for keeping data safe. Attend this month’s webinar to learn more.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

A little background as to how I came to I design this code: Around 5 years ago I designed an add-in that formatted Excel files to a corporate standard, applying different cell colours and font type depending on whether the cells contained inputs,…
Some code to ensure data integrity when using macros within Excel. Also included code that helps secure your data within an Excel workbook.
The view will learn how to download and install SIMTOOLS and FORMLIST into Excel, how to use SIMTOOLS to generate a Monte Carlo simulation of 30 sales calls, and how to calculate the conditional probability based on the results of the Monte Carlo …
Many functions in Excel can make decisions. The most simple of these is the IF function: it returns a value depending on whether a condition you describe is true or false. Once you get the hang of using the IF function, you will find it easier to us…

911 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question

Need Help in Real-Time?

Connect with top rated Experts

17 Experts available now in Live!

Get 1:1 Help Now