Warningmessage: 'IIS not installed' at SQL 2005 setup under server 2008
Posted on 2008-06-20
I'm installing SQL 2005 standard edition under server 2008 standard 64-bit.
However right in the beginning I get following warning messages:
1. - IIS Feature Requirement (Warning)
* Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is either not installed or is disabled. IIS is required by some SQL Server features. Without IIS, some SQL Server features will not be available for installation. To install all SQL Server features, install IIS from Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel or enable the IIS service through the Control Panel if it is already installed, and then run SQL Server Setup again. For a list of features that depend on IIS, see Features Supported by Editions of SQL Server in Books Online.
2. - ASP.Net Version Registration Requirement (Warning)
* ASP.Net Version Registration Requirement
* Failed to find the ASP.Net Version Registration with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
How to correct that? I had already added the webserver (IIS) server role so I don't understand why this message would appear? How to check (I'm not yet used to the server 2008 interface)?