AD on vmware Exchange on physical machine problem
Posted on 2008-06-22
Hello dear experts. I have a following question and setup.
1. Dual xeon 2GHZ, 4GB ram 300GB SAS RAID1.
Installed VMWARE server 3 guest OS
a.OS - WIN2003 R2 AD, DNS, Cert Serv.
b. OS- WIN2003 R2 Exchange-FE
c. OS win 2003 R2 ISA.
Have exchange-be on physical machine (wanted to have exchange database for future restore & failure)
Everything runs fine with one exception. When physical server shuts down. (power failure or sys maintenance) and boots back all exchange services cannot start, because AD cannot boot up before all exchange services initializing. Want to make it proper way.
1. Add Physical server as a second domain controller , replicate everything and while virtual AD boots up it could handle exchange service's
Question: is it possible ? if virtual AD not initialized then secondary DC can handle exchange authorization and run exchange services???
2. Totally eliminate vritual AD server , backup sys state and import to physical machine.
Question: backup of AD and FMSO and GC also Certification services and later import to server which running exchange-be is possible? if yes how and tutorial please.
3. Or if there any software solution to monitor exchange services and if required to start required exchange services after some time.?
4. In the service manager possible to define start a exchange server after a defined value of time? (did tried restart function but not working.)
Tnx all for help. i want to make it only one machine so please don't say i need more servers.