I'm trying to work out what should be quite a simple question:
1) I am creating an powerbuilder application that connects to MS Access. Currently this is done using an ODBC connection
2) I have Installshield X which i am trying to create a MSI Script for users to run to install
3) The end-users who will be installing this application have very little computer experience so i want the whole installation process to be very simple.
4) Using Powerbuilder 10
1) Does MS Access Drivers get automatically installed as part of a standard build of a PC (XP and VISTA)
2) If it doesn't then what do i need to get installed on the machine so i can create the ODBC connection in the DSN
3) Can Powerbuilder talk to MS Accesswithout the ODBC Connection being installed? If so do you have an example of the connection string?
I really appreciate any help