We have a client with a domain server. I have set up Remote Desktop on one of the Vista PCs so that it can be accessed remotely via the Internet (broadband). However even internally I cannot access it from another PC on the same network. So I suspect something is blocking it at the PC end?
I am very familiar with RDP, aet it up successfully many times, we use it for many of our clients and I have set it up as follows:
- Altered the default port in the Registry to 3390 (instead of 3389) [for external access, as 3389 is already allocated for the server which works fine and put in port forwarding in the router]
- Allocated a fixed ip to the machine (via the MAC address and DHCP on the server)
- Ensured Remote Desktop is enabled
- Tried to connect, internally, with 'ip-adress:3390'
- Windows firewall is off (I am pretty sure)
- The PC has a domain user password
- It uses Sophos anti-virus, but I doubt is this is blocking it, not experienceSophos blocking RDP before
Is there someting I have missed or particularly different with Vista? I've connected to my Vista PC OK.
All help gratefully received