Laptop PC to LCT TV for powerpoint - resolution - connections
Posted on 2008-06-26
I'm about to purchase an LCD TV (46 to 52 inch) for powerpoint presentations. A laptop will be used to run the presentation.
It looks like the tvs primarily come with resolutions of 1280x768, 1920x1080, and 1366x768
I have two laptops that I might use:
Laptop #1: supports 1680x1050(native), 1280x1024, 1280x768
Laptop #2: supports 1920x1200(native), 1920x1080, 1280x800, 1280x720
I'm leaning toward the 1920x1080 tv.
1) As with any monitor, when you raise the resolution, the things on the screen get smaller. Will 1920x1080 be too small for presentations?
2) What happens when I try to use the Laptop#1 with the 1920x1080 tv?
3) The laptops only have a VGA output (no dvi or hdmi). Will this be a problem?
4) What inputs does the tv need to play audio from the laptop?
5) Anything else I should consider?