I know that a lot has been written on here about this VPN process but nothing concrete that I could find about 2 NIC cards on my network.
1. Windows Server 2003. All up to date patches.
2. Two NIC cards:
card 1 10.0.1.146 static
card 2 DHCP unplugged.
We are on a domain: example.local
3. Only one subnet here but I could plug the 10.0.1.146 direct into the router if I need to.
4. I want to assign a range of:
10.0.1.192 to 10.0.1.292
5. I will not use Radius for this.
6. Outside IP has TCP only NAT entry to port 1723 on 10.0.1.146 internal.
I have not been able to make this work using one card, no matter what I have tried.
Router is set to pass PPTP traffic to 10.0.1.146
If I use 1 NIC ans set it to secure VPN packets only , then of course I lose being able to get to the Server internally on my subnet. If I uncheck the VPN packets only, this still does not work. The router is the DCHP Server but I am not using that - instead using a range of IPs.
Other: Can I assign 10.0.1.147 to the second NIC card? I got a warming message when I tried that.
Thanks in advnace for your help.