I am planning to build a dual quad-core computer for $1000. With 1 CPU for now till I get more money. I would like to hear you input and thoughts
It needs to support:
1. Dual monitors, potential to 3 monitors (I already have monitors)
2. Fedora Linux 9 x86_64 with vmware, virtualizing 2 of Windows XP Pro so that I can play some games - not heavy graphical games)
3. As quiet as it can get.
1. CPU - Currently I want to use Q6600 - if anybody can suggest a better one. Not sure it's the best choice for dual CPU.
2. What dual CPU motherboard should I use?
3. What RAM? I need 4GB
4. Which video card?
5. Which SATA hard drive?
6. Which case?
7. I assume any DVD RW would do