I need to import/convert the provided XML file into Oracle 10g. I am looking for the most efficient means to accomplish this. Note I had to change the extension to .txt for upload purposes. For this particular question, I'm not looking for a coded answer. I would like someone to provide the best practice of achieving this goal, explaining clearly why I should go their suggested route. Links would be helpful as well. I have some people on my end that I need to convince ;)
Here are the suggestions that have been presented to me so far...
1. transform the xml to csv and use oracle sqldr to import the csv into oracle
2. use java to directly parse the xml, connect to oracle and populate the database.
3. use perl to parse the xml, connect to oracle and populate the database
4. use talend to create to java code for your integration purposes.
Some things to consider:
1. When this goes in to production, this will be run as a daily job. The entire process of reading the xml and populating the database needs to be completely automated.
2. The sample XML file is much smaller than the actual XML file. The real XML file will be 5-10 MB
I am open to any suggestion whatsoever as long as it is the BEST and most efficient means. Best answer gets 500 pts. Also, after receiving the best answer I will start another question thread seeking more granular response on how to implement the best solution provided here. That question will be for 500 pts, as well.
Experts Exchange is the only place where you can interact directly with leading experts in the technology field. Become a member today and access the collective knowledge of thousands of technology experts.