I have a CLient that just got a New IPhone 3G and I was asked to set it up on thier Exchange (2003) Server for them.
I followed a bunch of guides I found from Google
http://io.yort.com/self-signed-imap-ssl-certs-on-iphone/ http://www.iphonebuzz.com/how-to-setup-exchange-on-iphone-2-beta-3-152196.php http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-mobile/19966-iphone-2-0-software-activesync-work-but-2.html http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?ForumId=76&TopicId=23933
Were a Few of them. But no Matter what I did I could not get the IPhone to Connect to the Server.
I tried the Phone with a Different Exchange account ( Non-SSL) and it worked right away. So I'm assuming it has to do with the SSL and the Self Signed Certificate on the server ( Created with the ISS Admin Tools Selfssl.exe ) I've even made a brand new Certificate thinking the old one might be bad some how.
I know that the IPhone uses OMA to get the information from the server, so I made sure that worked. Logged into https://servername.com/OMA
and I was presented with a Logon box and I put in multiple Account names and passwords and I was always able to login. I basicly got a text based version of the email boxes.
Only 2 Options that I've come up with are. Use IMAP on the Server ( its not enabled) and setup the Account to use IMAP or Buy a Verisign Certificate and install it but even then I'm not sure if that witll fix the Problem.