Client Servers failed to connect to ePO; while ePO server show "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.6.1 Server service terminated with service-specific error "

Hi experts,

I am going through some problem with deploying mcafee virus scan and epolicy agent to the servers from ePO console.  It worked before, but now it is not working anymore the last couple of days.

I could add the server to my ePO Server, send the install package.  But when I send "agent install", that didn't seem to install all the way.  So when I submit "agent wake up call", the server cannot communication with the ePO server, and hence, return an error in the log:

Saturday, August 02, 2008 2:07:56 AM  Error  Internet Manager  Failed to connect to server epo. Check the agent log for more details.
Saturday, August 02, 2008 2:07:56 AM  Error  Agent  Agent failed to communicate with ePO Server

Over on the eOP server side, the event viewer would show:

The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.6.1 Server service terminated with service-specific error 1 (0x1).

I have been browsing through the McAee forum.  Seems like many people have this problem, but none of hte answers so far points me in the direction of solving the problem.  Does any one here has any comments and suggestions?  I would really appreciate that, thank you
LVL 2
wingkchanAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
wingkchanAuthor Commented:
Moh10ly,

Thank you for the article.  I had found out that there was IIS installed on my ePO server, and the default website is turned on, which it takes the port 80 and makes ePO to unable to start.  I disabled the IIS website, and then I was able to start the service... after that... the client agents were able to connect again.

I don't know why it worked before, but then suddenly it didn't work on that day... oh well, atleast I learned that I should be more careful on how the product acutally works.

Thanks for your tip.
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Anti-Virus Apps

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.