The Relay settings can be found in the Exchange System Manager console at:
- expand Administrative groups
- expand "Your Admin group" (select the one where the mailbox of the user is)
- expand Servers
- expand "Your server" (select the one where the mailbox of the user is)
- expand Protocols
- expand SMTP
- right click on "Default SMTP Virtual Server" and choose "Properties"
- select the "Access" tab
- click on the "Relay" button
- click on "Add" button and add the user's IP address.
- close all open windows with "Apply" and "Ok"
is the steps i have taken however the mail still fails with the following error.
This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #22. The client at "192.168.0.250" sent a "ehlo" command, and the SMTP server responded with "501 5.5.4 Invalid Address ". The full command sent was "ehlo Canon21D8B9.". This will probably cause the connection to fail.
is there something i am missing here ?