troubleshooting Question

autodiscovery problems

Avatar of CarlGilbert
CarlGilbert asked on
ExchangeSSL / HTTPSScripting Languages
5 Comments1 Solution2225 ViewsLast Modified:
Hi, we have an exchange 2007 server but all clients use outlook2003.
I have been testing outlook2007 and i kept getting a password prompt when i started up. no password would work but if you cancelled it you would get in fine and just get a sync error about the oab. researching that problem led me to the autodiscovery problem so ill start with that
when i try to autodiscover i just keep getting a password prompt and nothing seems to work.
in powershell i have run the command "test-outlookwebservices"


Information About to test AutoDiscover with the e-mail address Administrator@domain.co.uk.
Information Testing server mailserver.domain.CO.UK with the published name https://mailserver.domain.co.uk/EWS/Exchange.asmx & .
Information Found a valid AutoDiscover service connection point. The AutoDiscover URL on this object is https://mailserver.domain.CO.UK/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml.
Information The Autodiscover service was contacted at https://mailserver.domain.CO.UK/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml.
    Success [EXCH]-Successfully contacted the AS service at https://mailserver.domain.co.uk/EWS/Exchange.asmx. The elapsed time was 46 milliseconds.
Information [EXCH]-The OAB is not configured for this user.
    Success [EXCH]-Successfully contacted the UM service at https://mailserver.domain.co.uk/UnifiedMessaging/Service.asmx. The elapsed time was 15 milliseconds.
Information [EXPR]-The AS is not configured for this user.
Information [EXPR]-The OAB is not configured for this user.
Information [EXPR]-The UM is not configured for this user.
      Error When contacting https://mailserver/Rpc received the error The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
      Error [EXPR]-Error when contacting the RPC/HTTP service at https://mailserver/Rpc. The elapsed time was 15 milliseconds.
    Success The Autodiscover service was tested successfully.
Information The following web services generated errors....

im not sure where the rcp/http stuff has come from it must of been my fiddling.
when using the email autoconfig test on outlook2007 it just fails

in IIS
i have autodiscover under Default Website with integrated windows aut and basic auth ticked and defailt domain set to domain.co.uk
the certificate has no expired and does not show any errors issued by and to: mailserver.brintons.co.uk

when i select the autodiscover item under default website and click browse i get a password prompt for the mailserver's ip address
nothing i put in her works and i think this is probably the same password prompt thats popping up all the time
this goes away when i set the MSExchangeAutoDiscoverAppPool identity to "local system"
and i get a
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
- <Response>
- <Error Time="18:17:44.7625107" Id="1479386833">
  <ErrorCode>600</ErrorCode>
  <Message>Invalid Request</Message>
  <DebugData />
  </Error>
  </Response>
  </Autodiscover>
maybe someone could run me through from scratch as i have messed around way to much trying to get this to work.
the other thing i did was to a set-outlookprovider for exch expr and web to the name of the mailserver as they were blank

Thanks

Join the community to see this answer!
Join our exclusive community to see this answer & millions of others.
Unlock 1 Answer and 5 Comments.
Join the Community
Learn from the best

Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.

Andrew Hancock - VMware vExpert
See if this solution works for you by signing up for a 7 day free trial.
Unlock 1 Answer and 5 Comments.
Try for 7 days

”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.

-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros