I am getting ready to deploy Exchange 2007. We are currently using another mail system (not Exchange). Here's my scenario below and what I want to accomplish.
1) I have a domain registered with register.com called northcarolina.com (as an example). Its MX record is pointing to our mail server's IP address which is at a hosting facility. Right now we get our mail at email@example.com.
2) I have my new Exchange server in house (of course with a different IP address). I will change the MX record when deployment is ready to point to the respective IP for Exchange.
3) My AD domain is called, let's say nc.raleigh.com.
4) Currently my Exchange server is going to send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) I need to set/modify the recipient policy in Exchange 2007 so that we can use our same current email addresses (email@example.com). I do not want mail going to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I need step-by-step instructions. I have seen links, read articles, etc. but I need more than that.
Please let me know if you need more clarification.