Want to win a PS4? Go Premium and enter to win our High-Tech Treats giveaway. Enter to Win

x
?
Solved

Unable to see updated Global Address List in Outlook or OWA

Posted on 2008-09-29
5
Medium Priority
?
386 Views
Last Modified: 2011-10-03
I am having a problem with the Global Address List.  When I go to preview in ESM I can see the correct information but I cannot see the correct information in OWA or Outlook no matter what I try.  I have restarted the server and rebuilt the offline address list numerous times.

i also want to add that I have Diagnotic Logging for MSExchangeSA \ OAL Generator set to Maximum and no errors were generated...

Any ideas?
0
Comment
Question by:R Palmer
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
  • 2
5 Comments
 
LVL 13

Expert Comment

by:ach_patil
ID: 22604091
May be your GAL is not rebuilding

Go to ESM->Recipients->Recipient Update Services. Select your Recipient Update Service.
Right Click and select Update Now
Are you able to see the GAL now

If your Outlook has Cached Mode. Take it off and see if you are able to see the updated GAL.
0
 

Author Comment

by:R Palmer
ID: 22605049
There are two, I click update now on both.  It updated only a portion of the GAL.  It's like something is stopping it from completing all the way... could it be a bad distribution list somewhere?

It worked once yesterday, I deleted a big distribution list that includes all employees and recreated it.  Once I did that I was able to see that and all the rest of the distribution lists.  I made more changes, rebuilt the offline address book again, and it disappeared again...
0
 
LVL 13

Expert Comment

by:ach_patil
ID: 22605077
After running the update, are you able to see any errors messages in the Event Viewer regarding GAL and Offline Address Book
0
 

Author Comment

by:R Palmer
ID: 22605120
No error messages at all in the application log.  
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
R Palmer earned 0 total points
ID: 22605899
I recreated all the distribution lists and make sure the name attribute in active directory matched the display name attribute and it shows up correctly.
0

Featured Post

Technology Partners: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

A couple of months ago we ran into an issue that necessitated re-creating our Edge Subscriptions. However, when we attempted to execute the command: New-EdgeSubscription -filename C:\NewEdgeSub_01.xml we received an error indicating that the LDAP se…
I don't pretend to be an expert at this, but I have found a few things that are useful. I hope that sharing them here will help others, so they will not have to face some rather hard choices. Since I felt this to be a topic of enough importance and…
how to add IIS SMTP to handle application/Scanner relays into office 365.
Exchange organizations may use the Journaling Agent of the Transport Service to archive messages going through Exchange. However, if the Transport Service is integrated with some email content management application (such as an antispam), the admini…

604 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question