Solved

How can we fixe 401.2 Access Denied errors on .Net Framework 2.0 Applications?

Posted on 2008-09-29
3
621 Views
Last Modified: 2013-11-07
We have several websites and Virtual Directories under the websites both external facing and internal facing.  We have begun developing in the .Net Framework 2.0. Our systems are all W2003 Server OS. Our internal applications that were developed on .Net Framework 1.1 are working fine.  The .Net 2.0 Applications are producing the 401.2 Access Denied errors.  Internal Applications are running on the same system whether it is .Net 1.1 or .Net 2.0.  We are seeing this problem in one of our testing environments. I do not see it in our Production nor Virtual Environments.  I have verified that all the settings are the same in each environment.  We are using applicaton pools for the apps, using a domain asp service account and windows integrated authentication.  In the problem environment, I had set the authentication in both the config file and IIS manager to disable the windows authentication and use anonymous.  This worked for a while, but has quit working altogether now.  Anyone have any suggestions?
0
Comment
Question by:TStechsupport
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
3 Comments
 
LVL 25

Accepted Solution

by:
apeter earned 250 total points
ID: 22599300
0
 

Author Comment

by:TStechsupport
ID: 22607629
I have been able to get the application to work again.  Some of the suggestions in the articles was useful.  Final solution, removed the Virtual Directory and all files associated with it.  Verified that IE was not set for "Enable Windows Authentication", re-deployed the Virtual Directory and files. verified that Windows Integrated was set for the VD Security.  All seems to be working again. Thanks for the assistance.
0
 

Author Comment

by:TStechsupport
ID: 22607646
I have been able to get the application to work again.  Some of the suggestions in the articles was useful.  Final solution, removed the Virtual Directory and all files associated with it.  Verified that IE was not set for "Enable Windows Authentication", re-deployed the Virtual Directory and files. verified that Windows Integrated was set for the VD Security.  All seems to be working again. Thanks for the assistance.
0

Featured Post

PeopleSoft Has Never Been Easier

PeopleSoft Adoption Made Smooth & Simple!

On-The-Job Training Is made Intuitive & Easy With WalkMe's On-Screen Guidance Tool.  Claim Your Free WalkMe Account Now

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

A basic question.. “What is the Garbage Collector?” The usual answer given back: “Garbage collector is a background thread run by the CLR for freeing up the memory space used by the objects which are no longer used by the program.” I wondered …
It seems a simple enough task, yet I see repeated questions asking how to do it: how to pass data between two forms. In this article, I will show you the different mechanisms available for you to do just that. This article is directed towards the .N…
The Email Laundry PDF encryption service allows companies to send confidential encrypted  emails to anybody. The PDF document can also contain attachments that are embedded in the encrypted PDF. The password is randomly generated by The Email Laundr…

738 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question