I am trying to setup a split DNS to support MOBILE Outlook users. We have a Windows Server 2003 /Exchange 2003 server and a couple of Windows 2003 Domain Controllers that also provide DNS for the internal network (192.168.1.x) The internal Active Directory domain is named "corp.companyname.com". We have "companyname.com" registered externally. Everything works fine internally.
Some of the Exchange users will now become mobile and they need to acces Exchange while on the move.The mobile Outlook users will use RPC/HTTPS while outside of the company.
How do I setup a Split DNS so our internal DNS servers can properly resolve the exchange server and also that the public DNS servers also properly resolve to our exchange servers.
I am posting this in case anyone runs into similar issues that I did, this may save you a lot of grief:
1. Your NetBIOS domain name contains an ampersand "
" character. (e.g. AT&T)
2. You've tried to run any Microsoft installation…
Microsoft Jet database engine errors can crop up out of nowhere to disrupt the working of the Exchange server. Decoding why a particular error occurs goes a long way in determining the right solution for it.
Exchange organizations may use the Journaling Agent of the Transport Service to archive messages going through Exchange. However, if the Transport Service is integrated with some email content management application (such as an anti-spam), the admin…