My CPU is spiking to about 40% every 4 seconds. Actually I have a Core2Duo and one core spikes to 20% the other goes to about 40% up to 60%.
* The culprit is spoolsv.exe. If I stop the service CPU goes back to zero.
* I have tried the solution at this link
* I have also run several anti virus tests over it (eg Trend Micro) and I am fairly sure it is not a virus.
* I am running Windows XP Professional
* It seemed to start happening after I installed the latest Windows Update (which was a big one - Service Pack 3)
* I tried deleting my Printer Driver and then re-installing it