Problem adding global catalog server
Posted on 2008-10-01
1. Ran DCPROMO on y_server to make additional global catalog on domain.
2. Viewing replmon it shows the last update of y_server to be at several minutes ago, like it worked&
5. In replmon, I show Global Catalog Servers in Enterprise and it lists all. When I show GCats from x_server it doesnt list y_server as a gc.
3. Directory Service event viewer shows error. Event ID 1586. The naming context is in the process of being removed or is not replicated from the specified server.
4. Netdiag from y_server shows: all tests passed.
5. Dcdiag from y_server shows: Starting test: frssysvol
There are errors after the SYSVOL has been shared.
The SYSVOL can prevent the AD from starting.
......................... Y_SERVER passed test frssysvol
6. Event Viewer on y_server also shows event id 13508, and The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from X_SERVER to Y_SERVER for c:\winnt\sysvol\domain using the DNS name x_server.aaaa.aaaa.com. FRS will keep retrying.
Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.
 FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name mx_server.aaaa.aaaa.com from this computer.
 FRS is not running on x_server.aaaa.aaaa.com.
 The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.