How to remove DC's from Sites and Services and from Domain - Windows 2003
Posted on 2008-10-02
We have a remote office that is closing. This office has two W2K3 DC's on site. We need to properly remove these DC's from Sites and services, remove the site, and remove these DC's from our domain. I am planning on doing the following:
1) Review fsmo roles on these DC's.
2) Remove DHCP and DNS serivces from these DC's.
3) From SitesAndServices>Inter-SiteTransports>IP>DefaultSiteLink -- Remove the Site
4) Remove Site Connections from all remaining sites.
5) Remove these DC's from the Site.
6) Delete the Site.
7) Delete the Site's Subnet from Sites and Services
8) DCPROMO the DC's to remove AD.
9) Move these servers to a workgroup.
My questions are is this the correct order in which to do this? Are there any replication factors I need to consider? Is there anything I'm missing or any other tips I should be aware of.