I recently installed XP SP3 on 30 workstations and 4 workstations are now having printing problems. 2 users get these errors when printing to a LaserFiche Snapshot 7 printer and the other 2 get it when trying to print to a RightFax Fax Printer. As far as I know the other 26 workstations are performing fine. I know mine is and I have SP3 with all current updates.
Word: Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current setup.
Notepad: The printer queue is full.
Excel: Your file could not be printed due to an error on LaserFIche Snapshot 7 on Ne04:. There are several possilble reasons: ....
I have researched this issue on Microsoft Support and Experts-Exchange and have done the following.
1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers on the server. - no change
2. Uninstalled SP3 on the workstations - no change
3. Uninstalled the printer and the drivers (File > Server Properties as suggsted on this site) - no change
4. ran sfc /scannow - no change
5. Tried setting a default printer as per this Microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223420
- no change
6. One workstation had Adobe Shockwave, the other did not. Tried removing it on the one that had it and - no change
7. Tried restarting the print spool service - no change
8. Went to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\
Printers and nothing was there to hold it up.
I think that's all I've tried. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.