How to migrating from windows 2000 server to sbs 2003 fresh start.
- do not want original active directory from 2000
- sbs 2003 does not "like" other domain controllers in the network.
- windows 2000 is currently a file and print server.
- windows 2000 runs dhcp.
- windows 2000 users home folders.
- windows 2000 machine was originally names after the website. ( causing complications) we will have new
domain name for the sbs 2003
What is the best method to migrate over to a new server, being that sbs 2003 wants to be the only DC in
then network, and the old server 2000 is currently a DC. The trouble is that the two machines cannot
coexist for long period of time, the sbs 2003 will turn off. we need both machines to co exist inorder to
trasnfer files, migrate users home folders, and so forth. Maybe they can coexist on two separate networks.
We are looking for some sort of answer that will allow both networks to co exist (maybe on separate "networks"
and like bridge in to share files some how or something like that.