Brief configuration overview:
- Exchange 2007 SP1 on Server 2003 x64
- 3rd party ssl certificate webmail.xyz.com
- internal name: xyz02.xyz.com
Outlook clients working fine (e-mail) and webmail is ok. Suddenly OOF stopped working so I spent the last couple of days trying to figure out what might be wrong and stumbled across AUTODISCOVER, OAB etc. Also I now get a cert warning prompt when starting Outlook that was not there recently (Update: It seems I got rid of the cert warning prompt by changing InternalURL to ExternalURL - which matches the certificate).
I went through virtually all articles here on EE on that subject but all no help.
Here is the info I have gathered so far. Maybe someone can solve that puzzle:
1. In Outlook e-mail test only the settings for POP and SMTP are discovered. Everything else fails.
2. There is a DNS A record for autodiscover.xyz.local
3. Went through http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/Q_23756485.html?sfQueryTermInfo=1+2007+autodiscov+exchang
but still not working
4. Checked exchange-genie's blog but also still not working
5. Event log is quite clean except for (OAB logging level high) a error in OAB rebuild.
6. checked internal and external URL's and they look good
External: https://webmail.xyz.com (etc.)
7. Can connect via https://xyz02.xyz.local/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
8. Test-OutlookWebServices failes with 401 error (unauthorised)
9. Webmail and everything else (except for OAB and OOF) works fine
10. All VirtualDirectories have been completely rebuilt.
Any help is highly appreciated. This has cost me a lot of time already and I need to get that fixed immediately.