I have a strange problem.
i am running ISA server 2000 on a windows server 2000 system and this system is the proxy server for all XP clients.
Recently i moved over 2 a new ISP. Since then (i think..i am not sure if it was after i shifted the ISP) the clients have started receiving an error while browsing some particular sites. All other sites are opening just fine. With these specific sites, i get an error "10060 - Connection timeout, Internet Security and Acceleration Server |
Background:The gateway could not receive a timely response from the Web site you are trying to access. This might indicate that the network is congested, or that the Web site is experiencing technical difficulties."
I have seen people having the same problem on the forums. however my situation is a bit different
1. we can browse all web sites but only specific web sites throws this problem
2. i get the same error on both IE & Firefox
3. some web sites open but the display is like a bomb has gone off in the middle of the web page!!...all links are scattered, text is scattered and images are displayed like "X" in a box. Even this scattered dispaly takes a lot of time to load
4. i have restarted the server.
5. the server uses an internal DNS. i have flushed the cache of the DNS server and restarted the DNS services.
6. so i decided to blame the ISP. however those guys came with a laptop and connected the internet cable directly to a laptop (bypassing the ISA and internal DNS). and the web sites in question opened in fraction of a second. So the ISP is OKAY!!!
7. the ISA server hard disk showed lot of fragmentation, even defrag did not help. The ISA cache file has been allocated 10 GB of space.
8. i am also able to do an "nslookup" for the domain names in question from the clients
9. some of the web sites which dont open are
I have no idea whats going on!!
Any suggestions would be of great help