[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 2146
  • Last Modified:

"Failure [0x8007202F] A constraint violation occurred" error during OCS 2007 SE Installation

Currently installing OCS Server 2007 in our lab environment.   Successfully performed all of the Active Directory Preparation with the OCS 2007 installation Wizard without any issue.   Installing the Standard Edition server on a WIN2K3 SP2 server on VMware.  Used an Admin ID with all of the correct permissions and ran the OCS 2007 Wizard on the server console from the CD.  Installation went fine and then stopped at the end with the Constraint Violation I listed in the question title.  I looked at the installation log files but they didn't really pinpoint what is causing this.     The below link I found on Google pretty much parallels the issue I am seeing, right down to the server config and it being on VMware.

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1703744&SiteID=57

When I look at the server after the install failed at the end I noticed it did complete in almost every area except for this Pool area.   Databases installed the Admin Console was available to bring up also.  Attached is a screen shot which shows the Installation listed as partial.  

I don't believe this issue is caused by the fact the servers I am installing on are VMware.   Anyone know what is causing this Constraint Violation during the install ?


InstallScrShot-07OCT08.doc
0
svmEMDS
Asked:
svmEMDS
  • 6
  • 2
1 Solution
 
bhanukir7Commented:
Hi

though you have mentioned the voilation you have not mentioned which is the component on which it has failed.

Has this occured for the audio/vedio component. If so did you add a sound card to the VM and installed the required drivers.

I checked the document you have attached but that is only one screen shot which says partial but does not show any further details


bhanu
0
 
svmEMDSAuthor Commented:
I will get more information on the exact component that it failed on and possibly some screen shots from the install log file you can view.   We can analyze from there.  
0
 
svmEMDSAuthor Commented:
Here are some screen shots from the install Wizard log files that were created during the installation.   Appears the failure was during the "Activate Web Components Server" portion of the installation and the "Associate Server with Pool" steps.  
ExpExch-08OCT08.doc
0
Free Tool: ZipGrep

ZipGrep is a utility that can list and search zip (.war, .ear, .jar, etc) archives for text patterns, without the need to extract the archive's contents.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way to say thank you for being a part of the community.

 
bhanukir7Commented:
Hi,

did you run the domain prep and AD prep before you started the installation.

Check this MS article which talks about the error that you have attached in the latest document "0xC3EC7826"


http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898516/en-us


bhanu
0
 
svmEMDSAuthor Commented:
Yes all of the Active Directory Preparation was completed successfully on all domains and Schema updated.   Had no issues with that portion.    I will look at the article you have forwarded.  
0
 
svmEMDSAuthor Commented:
I have looked over that article and it doesn't apply to this situation.   We are already on WIN2K3 and native mode.   There were no update problems when I ran the Active Directory Preparation part of the OCS 2007 install wizard.   When the wizard comes up and it is evaluating the readiness the Active Direcory Preparation has a successful green check mark (see attached Screen shot) and it allows you to go to running the Server installation.   Majority of installation completed, just listed as partial with the error I specified.  
InstallScrShot-07OCT08.doc
0
 
svmEMDSAuthor Commented:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937303    I found the following article on MS support.   I believe this is the issue.   The screen shot I included shows the OCS event log and an event ID 30502 which the KB article references.   This particular 30502 event ID occurred for the Web Components Server activation that failed.   You will notice the other three server components, Standard Edition, Telephony Conference and IM Conference servers all generated 30501 event ID's which indicate successful activation during the installation.   KB specifies using the LCSCMD.exe but doesn't give a lot of detail on how or when to apply it.   So anyone seen this and run this command before to resolve this issue ?
EventLog-OCS2007-08OCT08.doc
0
 
svmEMDSAuthor Commented:
Investigated further the KB 937303 that I mentioned in my previous comment.   I applied the LCSCMD.exe command specified in the article on the Standard Edition server the OCS install was performed on.   I then reran the OCS installation wizard from the CD, using the the same install path and configuration specified during the original install and the activation successfully completed for the Web Components Server.   WooHoo........  will be accepting this as the solution for this issue for anyone to try if they should experience a similiar issue.  
0

Featured Post

Receive 1:1 tech help

Solve your biggest tech problems alongside global tech experts with 1:1 help.

  • 6
  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now