RRAS VPN in Windows 2008 can only ping one way
Posted on 2008-10-08
I have RRAS setup on windows 2008 servers in the following way
- In LocationA
- LAN NIC: 192.168.0.210
- WAN NIC: public IP 1 (static)
- Domain Controller with RRAS set as VPN and NAT giving out ips manually from 192.168.0.50 to .99
- In LocationB
- LAN NIC: 192.168.10.13
- WAN NIC: public IP 2 (dynamic with DDNS)
- Domain Controller with RRAS set as VPN and NAT giving out ips manually from 192.168.10.100 to .199
- In LocationC
- LAN NIC: 10.10.10.19
- WAN NIC: public IP 3 (Static)
- Domain Member with TTAS set as VPN and NAT giving out ips manually from 10.10.10.100 to .199
the RRAS is setup with serverA as the main server, with domain dial accounts for servers B and C
servers B and C will successfully connect to serverA, and at this point I can then ping them on their subnets, ie I can ping 10.10.10.19 and 192.168.10.13 from serverA; however they cannot ping me back at serverA.
NOTE: at one point I was reconfiguring the RRAS on serverA and for a few minutes B and C connected and could ping A but at that time A could not ping them back, almost like its only a one way connection.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!