Recovery of Exchange 2003
Posted on 2008-10-08
My network has a Window 2003 DC and a Exchange 2003 (on the Window 2003 member server). Below are the steps that I have listed out to fully recover the Exchange 2003. Can anyone advise whether this is correct or not ? Inaddition, I need to join the domain in Step6, before start the Exchange installation. Am I correct.
1. Install a new operation system on original system hardware and disk volume, or one as close to original configuration.
2. During installation, name the system using the name of original server, but do not join a domain.
3. Do not install additional services during installation, proceed by performing a basic installation.
4. When the operating system completes installation, install any additional hardware drivers as necessary and update the operating system to service pack and security patches that the failed server was expected to have installed.
5. Using Disk Management console, create and format disk volumes and assign the correct drive letters as recorded in server build document.
6. Join the domain using the original server name.
7. Install any additional Window 2003 services as before.
8. Install Exchange 2007 with RecoverServer option.
9. Restore Exchange data to the new server.
10. Import the certificate again.