Window 2003 Recovery
Posted on 2008-10-08
I have one Window 2003 DC and one Exchange 2003 setup in my network. Attached is the step to recover the Window 2003 DC. Can anyone advise and comment whether these are correct or not. Many thanks.
- Install a new copy of Window 2003 on system hardware and disk volume, or one as close to original configuration as possible.
- During installation, name of system using the name of original server, but do not join a domain.
- Do no install additional services during installation, and proceed by performing a basic installation.
- When operating system completes installation, install any additional hardware drivers as necessary and update the operating system to latest service pack and security patches that the failed server was expected to have installed.
- Using Disk Management console, create and format disk volumes and assign the correct drive letters as before.
- After the installation, restore any necessary drivers to match the original configuration. Reboot if necessary.
- After all updates have been installed, restore the previously backed-up System State data under normal Window 2003 environment. I suppose this is the only DC in my network, I dont need to press F8 and restore the system here.