Trixbox Trunk Sequence in FREEPBX
Posted on 2008-10-10
In my outbound routes I have 3 providers listed in the order I want them used. I need to know the below regarding its operations. Please limit your answers to fact or actual 1st hand usage. I've read conflicting information about this and some just pass on what they read without knowing what it really does.
Here is an example of our setup.
Trunk Sequence: ZAP-T1 is 1st, VOIP-PROVIDERA, VOIP-PROVIDERB
1. In what situations will the 2nd and 3rd trunk be used.
- when the ZAP T1 24 lines are all in use?
- If the ZAP T1 is down. Carrier having problems?
- If the all circuits are busy message comes up?
2. How long is the delay before the 2nd, and 3rd trunks are used.
- a few seconds, 20-30 seconds, a minute or longer?
3. Is there a way to change some file in Trixbox to mimiize the delay in question 2 above. Lets say I want it to rollover to trunk 2 within 5 seconds of a failure?
4. Is there another way to provide rollover of trunks to handle all situations where a trunk is not useable if trixbox doesn't do it already?
Please provide as much detail to all the above 4 points and I will award the 500 points ASAP.