Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
?
Solved

Could not load DLL

Posted on 2008-10-13
2
Medium Priority
?
870 Views
Last Modified: 2010-10-05
Hi,

I am in the middle of building a replacement to our production database box. I've followed the steps below:

Install Win 2003 Std (Non-R2)
Install SQL 2000
Restore database
Install xp_regex package and check DLL location/permissions
Configure client software.

I managed to access the software/database with no problems whatsoever.

I then continued to upgrade to SQL Server 2005 Standard, and after some re-configuing work I was able to connect to the client software. Now, whenever I try to save certain information (Job Record) I get the following error:

"Could not save the information

Details: Could not load the DLL C:\program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn\xp_regex.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 1114(error not found)."

This error has only appeared since installed SQL 2005, so I assume there is a compatibility issue between xp_regex and SQL 2005. xp_regex needs to be running for the client software to work properly.

I've been referred to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q322884 previously and all attempts to clear the error have failed.

I need to get the database running on SQL 2005 (as 2000 is soon to become unsupported) and all that's stopping me is this one error and it's beginning to drive me mad.

Please could someone have a look at it, and offer advice as I'm running out of things to try in order to resolve the error.

Thanks in advance!
0
Comment
Question by:robsamuel2k8
2 Comments
 
LVL 9

Accepted Solution

by:
Sander Stad earned 1500 total points
ID: 22703604
This probably has something to do with the version of .NET you're running. Look at this article maybe it can help you:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/mcpp/xpregex.aspx
0
 

Author Comment

by:robsamuel2k8
ID: 22711825
I've had a look and it doesn't seem to be the .net version as all the updates were installed before upgrading to 2005.

The client database is based on the .net 1.1 framework (soon to be upgraded to 2). The problem seems to be within SQL 2005.

I've checked the permissions for DLLs, ensured that xp_regex and xp_pcre have been installed/DLLs referenced and the execute permissions given to the user which connects to the software.

What else could I try?
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: ZipGrep

ZipGrep is a utility that can list and search zip (.war, .ear, .jar, etc) archives for text patterns, without the need to extract the archive's contents.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way to say thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Data architecture is an important aspect in Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model. This article is a study on the database of a single-tenant application that could be extended to support multiple tenants. The application is web-based develope…
On July 14th 2015, Windows Server 2003 will become End of Support, leaving hundreds of thousands of servers around the world that still run this 12 year old operating system vulnerable and potentially out of compliance in many organisations around t…
We’ve all felt that sense of false security before—locking down external access to a database or component and feeling like we’ve done all we need to do to secure company data. But that feeling is fleeting. Attacks these days can happen in many w…
This lesson discusses how to use a Mainform + Subforms in Microsoft Access to find and enter data for payments on orders. The sample data comes from a custom shop that builds and sells movable storage structures that are delivered to your property. …

963 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question