Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1333
  • Last Modified:

Roadsync used to work but something changed and now will not sync

I had Roadsync working perfectly and then something changed on my SBS2003 server with Exchange 2003 which has caused it to stop working.  

Initially I had it setup to simply get my email/contacts/appointments locally from my wireless LAN while I was at home. I haven't set it up for external access. So the settings that worked were to connect to the local exchange server direct (not through OWA).

If I connect direct in this manner now I get an Error 401 Failed to authenticate User! Make sure username, password and domain are correct (Which they are). Dataviz error is 0x7370D02 (I've tried the Dataviz help files and the suggestions are no good. Their support will only provide what is already up there - useless, which is why I'm asking here).

I saw some people talking about connecting via OWA (I guess for external access) I though I would try this method as I can access  OWA internally on the wireless LAN. I tried and it appears to authenticate to the exchange server successfully this time but when it comes up with 'Getting Exchange folders" it then fails with an Error 500 and the same datviz code 0x7370D02 which tends to suggest the same authentication error (although different http error) although for some reason doing it through OWA passes the actual login part but fails when it tries to get the exchange folders?

I've gone through all the suggestions on the Dataviz site and spent hours researching and trying other suggestions on the internet. With no luck. Can someone walk me through what I should check as I'm probably jumping all over the place rather than taking a methodical check through all relevant settings.

Remember it was working flawlessly once but that was several months ago and I haven't got back to troubleshoot this until now as I now need this functionality again. I therefore can't restore back unfortunately. It has to be a setting somewhere...but where....?


0
slater27
Asked:
slater27
2 Solutions
 
LeeDerbyshireCommented:
401 suggests an IIS authentication problem.  Look at the IIS log files on the server, and see what resource is requested when IIS responds with the 401 status.
0
 
slater27Author Commented:
This can be closed. I'm going to setup Roadfsync with a separate exchange server now, so problem no longer relevant.
0

Featured Post

Hire Technology Freelancers with Gigs

Work with freelancers specializing in everything from database administration to programming, who have proven themselves as experts in their field. Hire the best, collaborate easily, pay securely, and get projects done right.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now