I have a bad problem with a uncles ASUS laptop which i am trying to help him fix. It has Vista Home premium installed.
The problem is that as soon as i open Outlook, programs start to freeze( Not Responding ). Mainly it is Internet Explorer 7, Outlook and Adobe Reader 9.
It requires me to restart the computer. To get to working again for atleast a while untill it starts to freeze again! It ususally only does it after opening Outlook 2007.
We also have installed the following list of programs. I hope this will help in diagnosing the problem.
1. Microsoft Office 2007 [ Am going to update to sp1 tomorrow ]
2. Kaspersky Internet Security 6
3. QuickBooks Pro 2007/2008
4. Nero 7.5 Premium
5. Internet Explorer 7
6. Photodex ProShow Gold
7. Arcsoft Photostudio 5.5
8. ASUS security Centre
9. Asus Utiltiies
10. Bigpond Wireless Internet connection manager
11. Canoscan LIDE 70
13. Cyberlink DVD
14. Extras and Upgrades
15. Fast Stone Image Viewer
16. Kaspersky Internet Security
17. Lightscribe Direct Disk Labeling
19. Panasonic SD Viewer for DSC
21. Scansoft for Omnipage Pro SE V4
23. Apple Software Updater
24. Dolby Control Centre
I hope this helps as I need it! I have trired SFC /Scannow, which foudn no problems. I reset Internet Explorer 7.
Any help greatly appriciated!