• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1267
  • Last Modified:

Autodiscover Timeout for Some Outlook 2007 Users

I'm having an issue with a small number of Outlook 2007 users.

When doing an Test E-Mail Auto Configuraiton, the Autodiscover URL times out, this is being discovered via SCP. However, the URL is correct and other Outlook 2007 clients are able to connect to the URL and publish other individuals free/busy informaiton and out of office assistant. For the users that cannot connect, their Outlook locks up when attempting to check these areas.

I checked the Exchange Server and the SCP urls check out and there isn't anything wrong with the services in IIS. This is obviously a client issue. However, when doing a Test-OutlookWebServices -identity "client" on the server all my clients that are having this problem, are checking out just fine. Also the same clients can access this information via OWA. Therefore, there is an issue with the local Autodiscover service (or so I believe). However, I've restarted Outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch and the users in question still have this issue. Is there anything I'm missing here that I can do? I've got an autodiscover sub-domain in DNS and I've done everything short of SRV records but I dont' want to make major changes for a small  section of clients.

Another key point. I can get it to work on one laptop but I cannot get it to work on another. I'm using my account as a test so the issue is at the specific client level but I'm not sure username has anything to do with it. It just may be local Outlook setting issues.

What could be the cause here as it's only affecting about 5 individuals of about 45 running Outlook 2007. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
0
USAF_The_One
Asked:
USAF_The_One
  • 3
  • 2
1 Solution
 
codezpCommented:
I have seen this happen when users have 3rd party addons on their outlook. Check for those such as google desktop, adobe pdf......

what happens is that the addon errors out it makes outlook error as well.

This happens alot when user upgrades from 2003 to 2007 without removng addons first
0
 
USAF_The_OneAuthor Commented:
Outlook 2007 was installed with the Office 2007 suite. I've not heard of any Outlook 2007 add ons causing problems with the autodiscover service. Is there any add-on in particular that is causing this problem?
0
 
USAF_The_OneAuthor Commented:
Also, it's not working on any of my test systems, and none of these systems have any add-on programs installed.
0
 
codezpCommented:
do this:

Hold down CTRL and right click on outlook icon in your taskbar and select Test email autoconfig

on the screen uncheck everything except autodiscover, see what you get and post here
0
 
USAF_The_OneAuthor Commented:
I've done this as initially posted in my question post. The URL is timing out with (more specifically with error 0x800C8203)

The URL is being found through SCP which matches what is configured on the exchange server (https://server.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml)

I've verified this on the server throguh the EMS.

Again, this is only on certain clients. I do the same thing on my computer and it connects successfully and I run the same version of Outlook as everyone else (2007)
0

Featured Post

Making Bulk Changes to Active Directory

Watch this video to see how easy it is to make mass changes to Active Directory from an external text file without using complicated scripts.

  • 3
  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now