I have heard that it is possible to log into other sites using php on a server...i've seen it referred to as scraping or opening a socket, neither of which I am familiar with (not sure if they're the same thing)
to clarify, i want to automate certain processes that take waaay to long to do manually...
so, i want to:
1. open a connection with a website (let's say Paypal)
2. enter my username and password and "click" the submit button
3. go to the "send payments" page
4. enter all the required info for a payment (taken from my database)
5. submit the payment form
6. repeat from step 3 for the next row in my database
I want to do all of this using php (preferably set up as a CRON job)
is this possible?
can i see a sample script?
how are cookies/sessions handled?