We are in the process of upgrading our server and changing our domain and I'm running into a problem migrating our CRM data to the new environment. The steps we followed (definitely not best practices) were:
1. Installed Idera's SqlSafe Free (http://www.idera.com/Products/SQLsafefree/Default.aspx
2. Used the SqlSafe BACKUP command to backup the database to a file called MSCRM.bak.
3. Formatted the server's hd.
4. Installed Small Business Server 2003 R2 Premium.
5. Installed SQL Server 2005 Standard.
6. Installed CRM from the installation CD.
7. Installed SqlSafe Free.
8. Used the SqlSafe RESTORE command to restore MSCRM.bak.
9. Initially tried renaming the data and log files to the appropriate CRM data and log files.
10. When that didn't work, we renamed them correctly.
11. Installed SQL Server Management Studio 9 (same install cds as SQL Server).
12. Shut down SQL Server, restarted it, and swapped the names of the databases using Managment Studio.
13. Granted SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE to PUBLIC on the databse (just initially to get it working)
13. Tried to access CRM and got the following error message displayed in the main panel of CRM (the top and side panels display correctly):
Access Is Denied: You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft Dynamics CRM object or perform the requested operation. For more information, contact your Microsoft Dynamics CRM administrator.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.