A user keeps getting disconnected from a website (IE Problem, I think)
Posted on 2008-10-16
One of my users keeps getting disconnected from a shipping site we use. Now, this is a hard problem to narrow down because;
1) She can connect to this website and browse, place orders etc.
2) All other websites, internet browsing is fine.
3) All other networking, connected to network drives is fine.
4) All other surrounding workstations can connect to the website fine, and place orders. So this is a local problem.
5) When Firefox is installed, the user does not get disconnected however, Firefox does not suppose the printing module the user uses to print labels.
When she is disconnected, she is not doing anything in particular for instance she could just click a link and the site goes down.
I have tried:
" Ping t (our of 100 packets sent, only 1 packet timed out)
" Tracert (all fine here, no particular slow outbound route)
" Flush dns (locked in the cache for specific website IP, then pinged that IP to make sure both were the same)
" Resetting IE to defaults
" Reinstalling IE and all updates Java etc..
" Full system spyware/maleware scans.
" Cleared all temp files, Windows and IE
" Changing the switch port. (I would like to say however, that the particular switch that user is connected to is in the main office. The switch in the main office is connected to the main switch box in the Server room (need more connections ports. As the switch looks kinda old, I could swap her connection with a direct connection to the main switch in the server room. But this would indicate a bad switch so surely the other user connected to this switch would have some issues.)
" Contacting the website and asked if they have had any problems with other uses; the reply? No, its you.
" Added site to Safe zone on IE. The site is not a secure site.
The only option I have left, as I see it, is to install and IE- Tab extension in Firefox (a browser that she does not get disconnected from) and have her right-click Open this page when she wants to print a label.
So, any ideas as to why a user would keep getting disconnected at random from a website.
Thanks for any and all suggestions.