I'm using a Infragistics UltraWebGrid. I have a couple of columns in a grid, the first column has a dropdownlist in it. When the user adds a new row, the row is empty which is correct, i want all the columns of the new row to be populated with the first column's default data which is found in it.
Steps that the user will perform when adding a new row to the grid:
1) The user adds a new row to the grid, the row is now empty.
2) The user clicks on the first column of new row, and dropdown appears with customer items.
3) The user selects an cutomer item in the dropdown.
4) After he selected an item from the dropdown, the rest of the columns must display the customer's default data, like CustomerID, Address, Telephone, etc based on the selected item.
The dropdown/valuelist is already populated in the new row, I don't know what event to use, to fill the subsequent columns based on the value of the first columns dropdownlist after the user chose an item. The grid's "AddRow" event is not sufficient since this only gets fired once the user entered all the data and moves to another row, and in order for the user to add the data, he needs the default data in the cells, and then he can modify it.
I've considered using the Dropdownlist's "SelectedIndexChanged" event, but since the user is busy adding a new row, there is no way for me to find the new row being added, because the "code" does not know of this new row yet.
The dropdownlist in the first Column is a WebCombo control also from infragistrics. So this will allow me to add all the neccessary customer data in it, since it is has a multicolumn grid.
I have seen some solutions solving this using a UltraWinGrid which is the Window Application version of Infragistics, but not for an UltraWebGrid which is used in ASP.Net.
1) Find the selected row in the first columns dropdownlist
2) Get all the default data stored in that selected row (Since this is a row of a multicolumn grid)
3) Display the values in the the subsequent columns.
When the user finished with editing the default values, he can click on another row, and i can use the "AddRow" event to find all the data that he entered and submit it to my dataset.
I'm new to using the Infragistics control suite, and can't seem to find any good code references and solutions to programming questions.