Ok, lets start with I'm a novice. My Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server is not forwarding email to anyone's mailbox. Yesterday the error message I received was:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: General
Event ID: 1005
Time: 2:38:17 PM
Unexpected error The server is not operational. Facility: Win32 ID no: 8007203a Microsoft Exchange System Attendant occurred.
This was in the application log, in the Directory Service log was:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: NTDS Replication
Event Category: DS RPC Client
Event ID: 2088
Time: 9:18:25 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
Active Directory could not use DNS to resolve the IP address of the source domain controller listed below. To maintain the consistency of Security groups, group policy, users and computers and their passwords, Active Directory successfully replicated using the NetBIOS or fully qualified computer name of the source domain controller.
Invalid DNS configuration may be affecting other essential operations on member computers, domain controllers or application servers in this Active Directory forest, including logon authentication or access to network resources.
You should immediately resolve this DNS configuration error so that this domain controller can resolve the IP address of the source domain controller using DNS.
Alternate server name:
Failing DNS host name:
NOTE: By default, only up to 10 DNS failures are shown for any given 12 hour period, even if more than 10 failures occur. To log all individual failure events, set the following diagnostics registry value to 1:
22 DS RPC Client
1) If the source domain controller is no longer functioning or its operating system has been reinstalled with a different computer name or NTDSDSA object GUID, remove the source domain controller's metadata with ntdsutil.exe, using the steps outlined in MSKB article 216498.
2) Confirm that the source domain controller is running Active directory and is accessible on the network by typing "net view \\<source DC name>" or "ping <source DC name>".
3) Verify that the source domain controller is using a valid DNS server for DNS services, and that the source domain controller's host record and CNAME record are correctly registered, using the DNS Enhanced version of DCDIAG.EXE available on http://www.microsoft.com/dns
4) Verify that that this destination domain controller is using a valid DNS server for DNS services, by running the DNS Enhanced version of DCDIAG.EXE command on the console of the destination domain controller, as follows:
5) For further analysis of DNS error failures see KB 824449:
11004 The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.
And in the DNS log on the 16th I had this message:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DNS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4004
Time: 7:13:56 PM
The DNS server was unable to complete directory service enumeration of zone advantageonefcu.com. This DNS server is configured to use information obtained from Active Directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and repeat enumeration of the zone. The extended error debug information (which may be empty) is "". The event data contains the error.
0000: 2a 23 00 00 *#..