First time I have encountered this one. When joining computer to SBS 2003 R2 using ConnectComputer it runs through only first boot then comes back up showing the domain in the Domain box on login. However when attempting to login it says there is not a doamin controller available to service the request.
When I check the server it shows under client computers the old PC name as being a member, but not the client name I orginally set it to on the setup screen. The PC however shoes the correct name I choose during setup.
I tried following these suggestions from the knowledge base, but no success:
****At the client machine:
1. Log in with THAT machine's LOCAL administrator account.
2. Unjoin the domain into a WORKGROUP
3. Change the name of the computer (this is not an option, you must use a name that is unique and hasn't been used before on your SBS)
4. Delete or rename the following directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Clients if it exists
5. Make sure that the network settings are configured to get an IP address automatically (DHCP enabled)
Then on the server, from the Server Management Console:
1. Remove the client computers if it still shows in the Client Computer screen on the Server Management Console
2. Add the client with it's NEW name using the Add Computer wizard
Then, go back to the client machine, log back in with the local Administrator account and join the domain by opening Internet Explorer and navigating to http://
I'm using a standard SBS setup and running DCHP fron the server. After about 20 SBS installs never encountered this issue before...looking for suggestions or help