I have been reading about what can and cannot be done with regards to changing the domain name on a SBS 2003 R2 network.
I was wondering if this is possbile:
1. Add two new servers to the network, 1 x domain controller (A) & 1 x member server (B)
2. Install Windows Server 2003 R2 on both, exchange on B
3. Move all the mailboxes + public folders from SBS machine to B
4. Seize FSMO roles and make A the new domain controller
5. Decommision SBS machine
6. Change domain name using Windows Server 2003 AD Domain Rename Tool on A
7. Use the Exchange Domain Rename Fix-Up on B
At this point I should have AD on A and exchange on B and a new domain name.
Anyone see any reason why this cannot be done?