We lost power over the weekend, when our main server (Small Business Server 2003, SP2, not R2) came back up, a few computers haven't been able to connect to certain things. Here's what works and what doesn't:
* when browsing our server, \\TANK we get the attached error message
* when browsing the ip of our server \\192.168.1.2 it works fine
* pinging TANK works fine
* pinging 192.168.1.2 works fine
* Exchange prompts for password, under any profile or any user and can't connect. This means, I've tried administrator (who does have access to all mailboxes) or the user accounts, same problem keeps prompting for password. I've tried user, domain/user, email@example.com all with same problems. Log into that same machine under a different username, same problem. Connect the computer to a different switch or even wirelessly, same problem.
* Can't connect a computer to a domain either, tried disconnecting and reconnecting through http://tank/connectcomputer
, that doesn't work, also tried it manually through switching from workgroup to domain, and yet another error.
* OWA internally works fine http://tank/exchange
* There are no errors in the event log, this is happened to 4 users so far, one of them just dropped offline after lunch, the others have been off all day
* I have 25 spare licenses on the server not being used, so it's not a license issue either.
* DNS is setup correctly (pointing to 192.168.1.2, plus everyone else seems to connect to this fine)
* Latest greatest antivirus has been ran as well
Any information you have would help, I've had quite a bit of experience with small business server and am running out of ideas for troubleshooting.