Lightscrive drive not found
Posted on 2008-10-21
I have been having problems with my lightscribe DVD rom, it does not recognise when I put a lightscribe discs (upside down) into the drive. The Lightscribe software I have says 'No Lightscribe drives found'. When I use labeling software it also says 'No lightscribe devices are installed on this machine'. I have also had trouble copying DVD's, I get an error message saying 'Power calibration error'.
I have tried the following things:
1) Uninstalled my DVD Rom drive in the device manager then reinstalled it.
2) Uninstalled my DVD Rom drive in the device manager run the attached 'cdrom' regirsty update then reinstalled it.
3) Re-installed Nero 8 Essentials (the software I'm trying to use to burn the images on my lightscribe discs)
4) Installed sureThing labelling software - to try another labeling software.
5) Installed the latest firmware for my DVD Rom drive (Firmware 1.02)
6) Installed the latest lightscribe software from lightscribe (Version 22.214.171.124)
7) Physically disconnected the DVD rom drive, replaced SATA cable and changed to a different SATA connection on my MO
8) I've gone to Start Menu - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services - IMAPI CD-Burning and disabled & enabled it.
9) I've gone to Start Menu - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services - LightscribeService - enabled (started)
The original 'ASUS DRW-2014L1T ' that I purchased had to be returned as it would not read discs properly. This one has recently had a few occasions where it cannot read discs, but 95% of the time I can burn & play DVD/CD's in this drive.
How do I get Lightscribe to work.