OMA does not authenticate and activesync support code: 0x85010001 after switching out exchange 2003 server

Posted on 2008-10-21
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2012-05-05
Hi everyone,

Exchange Server 2003 was transferred from one machine to another.  Afterwards OMA and activesync does not work properly.  My phone says the folders are about to synchronize and shortly after it gives me an error code of 0x85010001.  when I tried to access with OMA, it keeps prompting me for the user name and password.  I tried to add another exchange server to the setup and moved the mailbox to the new exchange server and I am still having problems.  it looks like everything else is fine, I am able to send/recieve mail with outlook 2003.  please let me know if I need to provide anymore information.  this problem has been going on for more than 24 hours and it's starting to get stressful :-o.

thank you!
Question by:luxse
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
1 Comment

Accepted Solution

PeterSinger earned 2000 total points
ID: 22873336
Please post a copy of your Metabase using metabase explorer from the IIS6 Resorce kit. Export your LM key to file and post that, from that I can tell you what is wrong.

Have you remaped the ports on your firewall to the new server? On the mobile device you have to delete and re-create the account even though it may be pointing to the same server.

Did you move the SSL certificate if you are using one?

Featured Post

Office 365 Training for IT Pros

Learn how to provision tenants, synchronize on-premise Active Directory, implement Single Sign-On, customize Office deployment, and protect your organization with eDiscovery and DLP policies.  Only from Platform Scholar.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article will help to fix the below error for MS Exchange server 2010 I. Out Of office not working II. Certificate error "name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site" III. Make Internal URLs and External…
New style of hardware planning for Microsoft Exchange server.
In this video we show how to create a Resource Mailbox in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: Navigate to the Recipients >> Resources tab.: "Recipients" is our default selection …
This video shows how to quickly and easily add an email signature for all users on Exchange 2016. The resulting signature is applied on a server level by Exchange Online. The email signature template has been downloaded from: www.mail-signatures…
Suggested Courses

801 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question