RPC Over HTTP Front End / Back End on Cluster / Separte Domain
Posted on 2008-10-23
I have searched a lot and tried many things before coming here and putting this question.
1. I have Exchange 2003 Server with SP2 running on Cluster ( On Win 2003 ) , which is also hosting Outlook Web Access. Users are connecting it with out any issues.
2. My DC is separate , which is also a GC ... I have another DC as backup which is also another GC ..
All these are on same LAN .. No Firewalls.
3. Now I introduced a new Exchange 2003 , will be my Front-End Server and also I need to configure RPC over HTTP and later HTTPS
What I have done,
1. I changed the setting of my existing Exchange Server Cluster ( both Servers ) through GUI , Exchange System Manager, RPC-HTTP tab, to act as a BACK-END Server.
2. I went back to Front-End Server, installed the required Windows Component for RPC ...
3. I was following SEMBEEs doc.. I changed the settings of Front-End server as FRONT-END using GUI ( Same Exchange System Manager RPC-HTTP tab )
But when I browse the RPC site, it keeps asking me username and password..
However, I am getting OWA through Front-End Server ...
Where should I check and what should I do in this scenario?
I have verified the Registry settings in FRONT END Server which Sembee explained , it s fine.
But, should I do any registry changes in BACK-END as well ? .. I mean, on both Cluster Servers? .
I have done the Chagne in DC-GC Server correctly.
What I should do inorder to get it work ...
Thanks in advance..