Solved

Website error: Could Not Load Type

Posted on 2008-10-25
2
392 Views
Last Modified: 2012-06-27
I've developed an ASP.NET website that runs fine on my local WinXP IIS and on my server's IIS, both are IIS6.0

The site uses a master page that has the following declaration:
<%@ Master Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="HVOA.master.vb" Inherits="HVOAWebsite.HVOA" %>

The site will actually be hosted at an external hosting site, specifically GoDaddy.Com. So I moved the files to their site under a new virtual directory that, from what I can tell, has been defined as an application.

But when I try to run the site I get the following error:

Server Error in '/HVOAWebsite' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'HVOAWebsite.HVOA'.
Source Error:
Line 1:  <%@ Master Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="HVOA.master.vb" Inherits="HVOAWebsite.HVOA" %>
Line 2:  
Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
Source File: /HVOAWebsite/HVOA.master    Line: 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Can anyone tell me why this is happening. I've contacted GoDaddy's tech support and all they can tell me is that their hosting site is working fine so it must be a scripting error.

Thanks, Herb
0
Comment
Question by:stullhe104
2 Comments
 
LVL 26

Expert Comment

by:Anurag Thakur
ID: 22803501
the error that you have posted does not help muh
can you please tell us from scratch how did you built and published your web sites
permissions on the folders etc etc...
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
stullhe104 earned 0 total points
ID: 22803828
I figured this one out. It was user error! My error.
Turns out that I neglected to upload the BIN directory to the hosting site. That's why it couldn't find the namespace defined in the master page declaration.

What a dumb ass!

0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Port Scanner

Check which ports are open to the outside world. Helps make sure that your firewall rules are working as intended.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

I recently went through the process of creating a Calendar Control of events with the basis of using a database to keep track of the dates that are selectable, one requirement was to have the selected date pop-up in a simple lightbox.  At first this…
User art_snob (http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_6114203.html) encountered strange behavior of Android Web browser on his Mobile Web site. It took a while to find the true cause. It happens so, that the Android Web browser (at least up to OS ver. 2.…
Nobody understands Phishing better than an anti-spam company. That’s why we are providing Phishing Awareness Training to our customers. According to a report by Verizon, only 3% of targeted users report malicious emails to management. With compan…
I've attached the XLSM Excel spreadsheet I used in the video and also text files containing the macros used below. https://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/2017/03_w12/1151775/Permutations.txt https://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/201…

839 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question