I have a cleint that used their companyweb extensively. All of a sudden in
August after their line of business vendor installed .net 2.0 we started
experiencing issues. Thinking it was a conflict between .net 1.1 and 2.0 I
followed all of the KB's I could find. I just reinstalled Sharepoint
services, restored their companyweb from a back-up and followed the procedure
to move the companyweb into a separate application pool so it was not running
in the same application pool with the line of business application.
Companyweb was now working on the server, but I had to renew IP's and flush
the DNS cache on the desktops for them to be able to view it. Within 24
hours everyone was back on the welcome page as opposed to the cpmanyweb when
So it must be a DNS issue, however I compared this installation to all of my
other ones and the DNS settings for Companyweb appear to be identical. I am at a loss.