Is there a way to run Multiple Monitors in Virtual PC 2007?
Posted on 2008-10-27
We need to run a legacy Win98se platform in a Virtual PC 2007 VM.
- VM Ware is not an option as it is NOT compatible with the COMs intensive legacy app run inside the VM.
- Legacy hardware is no longer an option
The legacy app generates a 1920x480 (3 times 640x480) video array.
We looked into adding additional monitor support on the VM or using Maxvista only to find out that:
- VPC 2007 does not support multiple monitor VMs
- Maxvista does not run on Win98se (our VM)
We thought about forcing the legacy app to display its array on a custom 1920x480 (1 time 1920x480) video array and going full screen on multi monitor enabled (3 x monitors) host, only to find out that:
- VPC2007 full screens to 1 monitor only
- there is apparently no way to force VPC2007's full screen to span the host's 3 monitors.