Exchange user can't recieve mail after mailbox was deleted, then reconnected
Posted on 2008-10-27
One of our Exchange users was unable to recieve email using outlook. I eventually discovered it was due to a corrupted item in his inbox.
I used Exmerge to copy the his mailbox to a .pst file and then imported it into a new mailbox. I then deleted his old mailbox and reconnected the new mailbox to his account.
The mailbox now functions correctly in outlook and he is able to send to and recieve from external internet addresses, but unable to recieve from internal sources. He is however able to send internally.
When reconnecting his mailbox it would appear that his email address settings have change - I did not realise this would happen so ddn't make a note of his X400 or alias details.
When other users send to him they recieve the following undeliverable message:
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Sent: 27/10/2008 14:04
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
Richard Shaw on 27/10/2008 14:04
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
I'm pretty sure it has soemthing to do with the x400 address, but I've copied the format from other users and it still doesn't work. I don't really want to re-setup his user account as he has quite a few unique ntfs permissions.