Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise continually tries to reinstall
Posted on 2008-10-28
My system is running Windows Vista Business. I installed MS Office 2007, but, every time I start any office program, the installer starts. If I cancel the installer dialog box, I'm able to use the program (Word, Excel, PP, etc). However, when starting the program again, the installer tries to run again. When I try to run Excel, also an error message pops up with an "stdole32.dll" missing error.
I've tried several solutions that are on here that worked for other people:
0. Used "Control Panel" Add/Remove to remove several times and reinstall.
1. I've used the Microsoft uninstall tool to uninstall 3 times. And, then, reinstalled office.
2. After running the uninstall tool, I've cleaned the registry, cleaned uneeded files.
3. I've tried running from the /program files/office/...... directory each program. For Word this
allowed me to start Word once without the installer running. However, the next time I ran Word
the installer started again.
4. Tried running the repair option in Add/Remove.
5. Updated the Microsoft installer to the latest for Win Vista.
None of the above solutions have worked for me......
To make matters worse, I use Frontpage 2000 on the same computer without a problem. However,
after trying to get MS Office 2007 to work, my Frontpage started doing the same thing as Office 2007.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.